A neighborhood that works together stays together! Generally projects are undertaken by utilizing the annual $2,000 Mini-Grant offered by the City of Everett to active neighborhoods. Following are some of our successful projects and activities:
- Playground equipment for Howarth Park.
- Benches, picnic tables, concrete trash bin and a Viewscope for Harborview Park. (The Port of Everett shared in the cost of the Viewscope and proceeds are dedicated to park fees for needy children.)
- Glenhaven entrance rejuvenation.
- Bus shelter at Glenhaven.
- City of Everett acquisition of Harborview Park from Burlington Northern via advocacy by the Neighborhood.
- Assisting and support Streamkeepers regarding Glenwood Creek contamination.
- Open space upgrades at Glenhaven & Seahurst.
- Beach cleanup.
- Participation in the planting of flowers on the Boulevard at Forest Park and at the Fire Station on Glenwood.
- Annual neighbor garage sale.
- Renovation of the pumphouse.